Are you exhausted with your endless back pain? Back pains can be a real mood killer for every situation, and the wrong chair in your living room will worsen it even more. If you’re also looking for back pain relief like everyone else, this article is for you!
We all know, back pains can be aggravated by even the slightest discomfort, you have to ensure the utmost coziness & right posture while sitting on any chair. Living room chairs are very crucial for back pain sufferers since we usually spend long hours watching TV or spending some quality time with our family in the living room. Hence, back pain sufferers should reconsider their living room chairs.
There are thousands of living room chairs available in the market. But only the right living room chair can let you sit peacefully even if you’re suffering from unbearable back pain. In this post, we’ll guide you through the best living room chair for back pain sufferers. So let’s begin—
What Causes Back Pain?
Back pain is one of the most common sufferings that humans have been facing for ages. But the major concern arises when you, who might be still young, suffer from the same. Below are a few of the major reasons for back pain.
Strain is among the top reasons behind sudden back pain. It occurs when you perform any kind of heavy lifting without prior expertise. The repeated strain on the spinal ligaments and back muscles may thus cause back pain. This sort of pain can cause disturbance in day-to-day activities and thus needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
You may also experience minor to severe back pain due to ruptured disks. These disks act as cushions between the spines and have soft material inside. The soft material when ruptured or bulged becomes the reason for back pain.
Movement And Posture:
The most modern cause of back pain among the young and old is certainly their posture. With the rise of sitting jobs where you might have to spend half of the day, it’s not unusual to grow back problems over time. Avoiding a hunched position and using ergonomic chairs for sitting may reduce the problem to a lot extent.
Types of Back Pain
So tackle any back pain you need to find out its type and reasons first. Below are the primary sorts of back pain that might be bothering your peaceful sleep.
Axial pain is also termed mechanical pain. This sort of pain usually remains confined to a fixed region. The pain may stay or visit routinely. It may be a sharp or dull pain and may also feel like throbbing sometimes. The most common reason behind your axial pain is muscle strain.
If you have a dull and achy pain that moves around in various portions of your back, you might be suffering from referred pain. The main may vary in intensity adding salt to your wounds. Degenerative disc disease may be the reason behind this sort of pain.
This sort of pain feels like electric shocks or searing. The pain travels through the spinal nerve and exits through the spinal canal. You may face this type of pain due to compression and inflammation of a spinal nerve root.
Are Recliner Chairs Good for Your Back?
You may have mixed reactions regarding recliner chairs. Some say they are a pain to sit on for hours while others love them. So who do you listen to? Well, to be honest none of them are wrong. At the end of the day, there is nothing more relaxing than putting your legs up and watching your favorite shows.
Then why is the complaint all about? It’s due to the fact that most of the recliner chairs don’t come with good lumbar support. This provides an unusual resting position for your back and thus causes back pain. All things said you can have a blast in case you get your hands on quality ones. They offer superior lumbar support which has added health benefits along with fun times.
In fact, research held by Canadian and Scottish researchers suggested that sitting in a 135 degree reclined position is beneficial. The position was proved to be effective in preventing disc slide and compression
Why Should You Buy A Living Room Chair For Back Pain
Viewing our list for the best living room chair for back pain sufferers, you might be wondering are they worth the bucks. Yes, these chairs are not cheap and you have all the right to be skeptical about your purchase. Here are some of the benefits a well-equipped living room chair will offer you.
Unlike your ordinary chairs at home, these living room chairs come with high-end materials. This includes breathable and thick cushions and so on. Besides, they are carefully engineered for ergonomic design. Thus what you get is pleasurable support for your neck and back. The superior lumbar support offers relief from back pain and helps you heal with time.
What can be more relaxing than resting your whole body up on soft cushions after a stressful day? The feathery soft paddings of these chairs offer comfort to your entire body including your back, arms, neck, and head. This makes the ideal setup for listening to soft music over a glass of wine.
These beauties are great ways of upgrading the look of the living space in a resourceful manner. The amazing work of craftsmanship on many of these chairs will instantly enrich the aesthetics of your space. Thus you will be getting both looks and health benefits for the price you pay.
How We Chose The Products
We conducted an intense research to find out the best 10 products over 200 products of this category on Amazon. Our team went through the latest reviews by real users & correlated them with the features of the products. Plus, the popularity & the rating of the products were a major factor too. This post is the upshot of the 480 hours that we spend on these products.
Best Living Room Chair For Back Pain Sufferers – Quick Summary
All of the products that we listed comprehends a peerless quality, but the best product for you will solely depend on your preference & circumstances. Have a quick view of the products to find the most suitable one for you—
1. Best Chair For Elderly With Back Pain: Rivet Resolve Modern Leather Armchair
This lightweight chair combines an ergonomic design with optimum suppleness for back pain, making it both comfortable & good-looking for your living room.
2. Best Massage Chair For Back Pain: Real Relax Massage Chair FAVOR-03 Plus
Composed of 6 auto modes & a zero gravity mode, this massage chair has everything to comfort you in your worst back pain days. Countless airbags & neck massage rollers ensure a perfect performance on this one.
3. Best Recliner Chair With Heat Massage Therapy: Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa 7040
The full body vibration & lumbar heating features make this chair work like a charm for those who need heat massage therapy. Say goodbye to your stimulatory back pain with this comfortable recliner chair.
4. Best Contemporary Living Room Chair: CANMOV Elizabeth Fabric Arm Chair Recliner
Pretty as a picture, this living room chair is a real game changer to elevate the look of your living room. Sturdy wooden legs with diamond tufted soft cushion, this is a dream come true for those who want to introduce elegance with comfort in their living room.
5. Best Lift Massage Chair: Artist Hand Electric Power Lift Recliner
Another chair with the lumbar heating system, but the electric power lift steals the show! Really comfortable for those who undergo sore muscles after a massage.
6. Best Video Gaming Chair: X Rocker Pro Series H3 Black Leather Vibrating Floor Video Gaming Chair
Back pain isn’t a surprise for the intense gamers out there, and this gaming chair ensures the right posture for them. Sturdy design with vibrating features to alleviate potential back pain, this product is a steal!
7. Best Adult Video Gaming Chair: X Rocker, 5143601, II SE 2.1 Black Leather Floor Video Gaming Chair
Another gaming chair to enjoy hours of playstation, even for adults! X Rocker really rocks at producing the best sturdy gaming chairs for every situation!
8. Best Elderly Recliner: Signature Design by Ashley Yandel Upholstered Power Lift Recliner
This could be your chair to enjoy your retirement times real good. Comes with power lift option & proper footrest, this chair is just another comfy recliner for everyone.
9. Best Modern Recliner: Homall Recliner Chair
Well, the combination of elegant design & comfortable material always works for living room chairs, and this one is no exception! Give a contemporary look to your living room without sacrificing the comfort by purchasing this modern recliner chair!
10. Best Living Room Chair With Ottoman: Flash Furniture Recliner Chair with Ottoman
Nothing beats the satisfaction of sitting on a chair & putting your legs on an ottoman, well this one makes it real! Elegant design with recliner option, this chair is the dark horse of the comfort game.
Table Of Content:
We have tried to gather all the information on what’s best for relieving your back pain. Pick your desired segment & jump right to it from the table of content below.
- What Causes Back Pain?
- Types of Back Pain
- Are Recliner Chairs Good for Your Back?
- Why Should You Buy A Living Room Chair For Back Pain
- How We Chose The Products
- Best Living Room Chair For Back Pain Sufferers – Quick Summary
- 10 Best Living Room Chair For Back Pain Sufferers Reviews For 2021
- 1. Best Chair For Elderly With Back Pain: Rivet Revolve Modern Leather Armchair with Tapered Legs
- 2. Best Massage Chair For Back Pain: Zero Gravity Shiatsu Recliner With Bluetooth And LED Lights
- 3. Best Recliner Chair With Heat Massage Therapy: Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa
- 4. Best Contemporary Living Room Chair: CANMOV Elizabeth Fabric Arm Chair Recliner with Tufted Back
- 5. Best Lift Massage Chair: Artist Hand Electric Power Lift Recliner
- 6. Best Video Gaming Chair: X Rocker Pro Series H3 Video Gaming Chair
- 7. Best Adult Video Gaming Chair: X Rocker II Video Gaming Chair
- 8. Best Elderly Recliner: Ashley Yandel Upholstered Power Lift Recliner
- 9. Best Modern Recliner: Homall Recliner Sofa Chair With Padded Seat
- 10. Best Living Room Chair With Ottoman: Flash Furniture Recliner Chair
- What To Look For Purchasing Living Room Chairs For Back Pain Sufferers
- Final Words
This post will feature 10 of the best products in the market. The comparison chart below will help you find the most suitable product out of them.
Best Chair For Elderly With Back Pain
|Rivet Revolve Modern Leather Armchair with Tapered Legs||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Massage Chair For Back Pain
|Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Recliner||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Recliner With Heat Massage Therapy
|Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Contemporary Living Room Chair
|CANMOV Elizabeth Fabric Arm Chair Recliner||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Lift Massage Chair
|Artist Hand Electric Power Lift Recliner||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Video Gaming Chair
|X Rocker Pro Series H3 Video Gaming Chair||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Adult Video Gaming Chair
|X Rocker II Video Gaming Chair||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Elderly Recliner
|Signature Design Upholstered Power Lift Recliner||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Modern Recliner
|Homall Recliner Sofa Chair With Padded Seat And PU Leather||
||Check Price On Amazon|
Best Living Room Chair With Ottoman
|Flash Furniture Recliner Chair And Ottoman Set||
||Check Price On Amazon|
10 Best Living Room Chair For Back Pain Sufferers Reviews For 2021
There are literally thousands of living room chairs available in the market. But, not all of them are suitable for back pain sufferers. Well, the good news is, we were able to list out 10 products that were specially made for back pain sufferers, and they worked great! Let’s not waste any more time & jump right in the reviews-
1. Best Chair For Elderly With Back Pain: Rivet Revolve Modern Leather Armchair with Tapered Legs
The Rivet Revolve Modern Leather Armchair comprises a comfortable design with an elegant touch. This armchair is not extremely plush, which is just perfect for people who suffer from a bad back. It can properly maintain your posture even when you sit on it for a long time, thanks to its hardwood frame.
With over 8 available colors & 5 size options, you can easily fit the unit according to the size of your living room. The leather upholstery & tall tapered legs provide a minimalistic look to this couch, which will help you to pull off a contemporary living room look. This couch goes very well as your afternoon napping pal, just take your pillow & comforter & you’re all set!
Another great thing about this couch is it’s cat friendly, there was no scratch mark, also the cats will get a great place to hide under the couch too. Although, the couch tends to slide a little too much because of its lightweight & thin legs, which might be a concern to those who like sturdy couches. But overall, it’s nearly perfect!
Rivet Revolve Modern Leather Features:
- Available in 8 different colors with 5 different models including single armchair, loveseat, sofa, sectional & sofa+ottoman.
- Sleek design, made with hardwood frame with comfortable armrests. Tapered legs give out a sophisticated look.
- Stiff yet comfortable cushions, perfect for rheumatic & osteoarthritic patients for long sitting sessions.
- Suitable for houses with pets. The fabrics are totally scratchproof & the pets will like this cushy-stiff couch too.
- Lightweight & easy to install. Easy to move & transfer too.
- Dimensions: 32.7 x 34.6 x 35.4 inches
- Weight: 54.6lb
- Material: Hardwood frame, leather/polyester fabric
- Colors: Chestnut, Caramel, Black, Denim, Grey Weave, Heritage Green, Storm Grey.
This armchair can be a real lifesaver for seniors, making it one of the best chairs for elderly with back pain. If you’re exhausted with your squishy uncomfortable couch due to back pain, this will be the one that you should go for.
2. Best Massage Chair For Back Pain: Zero Gravity Shiatsu Recliner With Bluetooth And LED Lights
Looking for a full-body massage chair that is luxurious and cheap at the same time? Well, look no more, because the Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Recliner Massage Chair is all you need! Composed of 6 auto modes and a one-button zero gravity mode, the developers left no stones unturned to make you feel comfortable.
The massage chair also offers a remote control that can easily alter the roller’s speed and strength. Moreover, it also lets you adjust the back to a preferred angle. What’s even better is that the remote is a smart one! Thus, you will have no problems using it.
If you’re someone who’s looking to recover from sore muscles after completing your weekly fitness goals, then this chair is going to be your new best friend. Consisting of 50 airbags and 8 neck massage rollers, you can rely on it to relax your tense muscles. Oh, and the unit also comes with Bluetooth. Hence, you can even listen to your favorite songs while getting the massage.
Full Body Shiatsu Recliner Features:
- It consists of 50 airbags for shoulders, arms, calves, and hips and 8 neck massage rollers
- The chair offers 6 auto modes and one unique ‘Zero Gravity’ mode that make you practically feel weightless.
- It comes equipped with a smart remote that controls the speed and strength settings of the massage chair.
- Bluetooth connectivity enabling users to listen to audio during the massage session.
- Custom LED lighting which makes the chair highly attractive and eye-catching.
- Voltage: AC 110V
- Power: 100 Watts
- Dimensions: 43 x 25 x 24 inches
- Weight: 217lbs
- Color: Black
In conclusion, this full-body massage chair is, hands down, one of the best massage chairs currently present. Moreover, it can be hugely useful for senior citizens, making it one of the highly famous chairs for the elderly with back pain.
3. Best Recliner Chair With Heat Massage Therapy: Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa
The massage chairs from Mcombo have never failed to surprise us. Made with quality faux leather, the chair’s upholstery features top-level comfort and an artistic finish. Moreover, cleaning faux leather is very simple. Thus, you don’t have to face any hassles with the cleaning process.
In addition, the Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa has one unique state-of-the-art feature called ‘power lift assistance.’ The feature’s mechanism is fairly simple. However, it is highly effective in preventing back and knee stress. A certified actuator lifts the entire chair assisting you to stand up with minimal effort. Sounds very helpful, doesn’t it?
Available in 5 different colors, the chair will certainly add an aesthetic look to your living room. In contrast, did we forget to mention the unit consists of two USB outlets? Well, now you know. Hence, you can charge your device while the sofa revitalizes you up! Lastly, it also comes with dual side pockets and cup holders, making you all set for your session.
Electric Power Lift Recliner Features:
- Upholstery comprising of high-quality faux leather which is easy to clean
- Present in 5 different colors giving the sofa a vibrant look making it visually attractive
- Sturdy framework design, made with highly durable materials that can undergo a lot of stress
- It offers the ‘power lift assistance’ option, which automatically lets you get off the chair
- It comes with dual USB ports letting you charge your device while you’re enjoying the session.
- Dimensions: 34.6 x 30.7 x 41 inches
- Reclining Angle: 140°
- Voltage: 110V
- Weight: 320lbs
- Seat area: 17.7 x 20.5 inches
All in all, the electric sofa can be very beneficial for people with back and joint issues. Thus, it’s definitely one of the greatest living room furniture for bad backs. Trust us; you won’t be disappointed.
4. Best Contemporary Living Room Chair: CANMOV Elizabeth Fabric Arm Chair Recliner with Tufted Back
Topped off with a smooth and elegant finish, the Elizabeth Fabric Arm Chair is certainly a classy chair to own. Moreover, the exquisite diamond-tufted design fills your house with an air of sophistication. Whether you put it in your living room or bedroom, its rich beige color is going to complement the furniture around it.
Experiencing comfort at its highest level has never been easier. Moreover, with its easy reclining feature, you can simply sit back and relax until you find your desired positioning. And, the cherry on top, the heavenly feeling of coziness that the chair’s quality firm yet soft cushion offers, only enhances the experience.
Perhaps, the most unique feature of the chair is its high back. Thus, trust us when we say that your spine is in good hands when you’re sitting on this specific chair. At the same time, the sturdy legs of this beautiful chair are going to make sure that you don’t trip or injure yourself. What more could you want from a chair?
Fabric Arm Chair Recliner Features:
- High back that protects and provides support to your spine
- Encased with firm but soft and plushy chair padded cushions
- Comes in a light and rich beige color, improving the ambiance of the surrounding.
- It has a diamond tufted design, making it a piece of elegant and classy furniture.
- It consists of sturdy legs that provide you with a stable base while sitting.
- Dimensions: 27.4 x 28.7 x 39.8 inches
- Seat Height: 20.5 inches
- Seat Dimensions: 20.5 x 21.3 inches
- Materials: Fabric
- Weight Capacity: 300lbs
- Color: Beige
Keeping personal opinions aside, this is the club chair you should be going for if you’re on a tight budget. Moreover, you wouldn’t find any questions regarding the fact that this one of the most famous pieces of living room furniture.
5. Best Lift Massage Chair: Artist Hand Electric Power Lift Recliner
Coming in hot with the lumber heating system, the Artist Hand Electric Power Lift Recliner ensures a pleasant session. No pun intended. In addition, its 5 modes of vibration massage let you choose from a variety of massage methods. These include pulse, press, wave, auto, and normal. Pretty cool, isn’t it?
Another exciting feature of this chair is its electric powerlifting system. Designed to assist the elderly with motion issues, the electric power lift helps you stand with minimal effort. You’ll feel like spending hours on it due to its elegant and comfortable design. Furthermore, the upholstery consists of soft fabric and a high-density sponge, making it ideal for people with back issues.
Oh, and did you know you could take a sip out of your favorite drink during the massage session? We didn’t either unless we tried out the chair ourselves. The engineers have placed a cup holder on each side of the chair! Lastly, it also lets you charge your hand-held devices via the USB charging ports.
Artist Hand Electric Recliner Features:
- Lumbar heating system, providing a constant flow of heat promoting relaxation.
- 5 modes of vibration massage enabling you to enjoy a massage session of your choice
- Electric power lift which helps you stand properly without stressing out your body
- Made of top-notch quality soft fabric and high-density sponge, increasing the chair’s comfort.
- Offers built-in USB charging ports for charging devices such as mobile phones.
- Material: Wooden frame, leather/ soft fabric
- Seat Width: 24 inches
- Colors: Black, Brown
- Weight Capacity: 330lbs
This electric reclining chair is the perfect combo between comfort and price, making it a great value for money. Moreover, it is safe for us to say that the chair speaks for itself. In addition, all of its benefits cause it to be one of the best chairs for the elderly with back pain.
6. Best Video Gaming Chair: X Rocker Pro Series H3 Video Gaming Chair
We are all aware of how crucially chairs can affect one’s gaming performance. Therefore, if you’re searching for a quality multi-purpose gaming chair, then you’re on the correct site! The X Rocker Pro Series H3 Wireless Video Gaming Chair fulfills all your gaming needs and much more.
Whether you’re immersing in a video game or watching an action-packed movie, the gaming chair has got your back. Coming fully equipped with built-in 4.1 audio speakers and a subwoofer, the unit completely redefines your experience. Moreover, its ergonomic design (full back-support and headrest) ensures that you don’t strain yourself. Hence, we weren’t kidding when we said the chair has your back.
Furthermore, the Pro Series H3 line of chairs has extra vibrating motors that sync with the audio’s bass tunes. This causes your entire body to experience an immense sensation, making you feel like you’re in the action yourself! In conclusion, this gaming chair is truly a blessing in disguise for everyone in general.
X Rocker Pro Gaming Chair Features:
- It contains a wireless transmitter that sends audio waves from any source of audio with a headset to the chair.
- Consists of built-in 4.1 audio speakers and a subwoofer, creating a fully immersive experience.
- Ergonomic design which makes sure that it improves your body posture.
- Vibrating motors that are in sync with your audio’s bass making you feel pleasant.
- Dimensions: 29.13 x 22.05 x 20.87 inches
- Weight: 17.34lbs
- Weight Capacity: 275lbs
- Materials: Wooden and metal frame, padded vinyl/ fabric
In short, the features and the benefits of this gaming chair convinced us to its side. Therefore, this is the chair you should be getting if you’re looking for something that boosts your visual experience.
7. Best Adult Video Gaming Chair: X Rocker II Video Gaming Chair
The predecessor to the X Rocker Pro Series H3 Gaming Chair, the X Rocker II Wireless Gaming Chair welcomes you to an interactive world of audio. Its dual 2.1 speakers and built-in subwoofer sync with the audio, hitting your back with intense sound effects. This enhances the immersion and realism of the experience.
Also, the chair has a control panel on the side, giving you power over the chair. Imagine having the right to adjust the bass levels and volume whenever and however you want. Well, you don’t need to imagine anymore if you own this chair. Moreover, its ergonomic design ensures that you have full back support.
Enjoying a premium quality media experience has never been this easy. And, if that doesn’t convince you, then maybe this will- it connects to gaming consoles and DVD players too! Lastly, it’s fully foldable and made of durable vinyl, increasing the level of your comfort. Truly, what an outstanding piece of chair.
X Rocker Video Gaming Chair Features:
- It consists of dual 2.1 speakers that create an HD surround system, making the event more pleasant
- A built-in subwoofer that hits your back with heavy-bass tunes and sound effects.
- Has a control panel, which allows you to alter bass and volume settings
- Ergonomic design, perfect for people with posture issues.
- Made of highly durable vinyl, making it easy to clean and withstand pressure.
- Dimensions: 27.8 x 18.5 x 17.5 inches
- Weight: 47lbs
- Weight Capacity: 275lbs
- Colors: Black
- Materials: Vinyl, Foam
In conclusion, the characteristics of this gaming chair were able to persuade us to support it. Hence, if you’re looking for a chair that improves your visual perception, this is the chair to buy.
8. Best Elderly Recliner: Ashley Yandel Upholstered Power Lift Recliner
Truth be told, we were quite excited to try out this chair from the new Yandel series. And we were definitely not let down. Designed for comfort, the upholstery is made with thick poly fibers that have a smooth cozy-like feel to it. Also, with the high backrest, thick yet soft cushions, and a sturdy metal frame, you’re in for a heavenly session.
In addition, the reclining abilities of this chair are truly outstanding. It takes around 14.5 seconds to move from a reclined stance to an upright position, making it ideal for the elderly. At the same time, Oh, and another thing, it took only a minute for the chair to become fully lifted from completely reclined. Thus, with all the benefits you get from this chair, we are sure it won’t disappoint you.
Probably, one of the best functions of this chair is its ‘power lifting‘ option. With just a single stroke of a button/switch, the chair’s power lift places your back in a reclined position. At the same time, it also elevates your legs upwards, making the event pleasant and relaxing.
Ashley Yandel Upholstered Recliner Features:
- Made with thick poly fibers, which gives the chair a leather-like look and has a gentle finish to it.
- Comes with a hand control power button to adjust the reclining angle and the overall position
- The chair offers the ‘power lift’ option, which lifts your body into a comfortable position and helps you stand up.
- Fantastic reclining abilities, making it the perfect napping buddy after a long day of work and stress.
- Solid and sturdy corner-blocked frame, providing a stable base
- Dimensions: 40 x 35 x 42.63 inches
- Weight: 139lbs
- Height: 42.5 inches
- Materials: Metal, thick poly fibers
- Colors: Saddle, Black
If you’re a fellow recliner fan like us, then we are confident that you’ll enjoy this chair very much. Moreover, the features and functions that you get within its price range are genuinely impressive, making it a perfect fit for your home.
9. Best Modern Recliner: Homall Recliner Sofa Chair With Padded Seat
Ever wondered whether there was a way to enjoy watching your favorite shows at the highest level of comfort? Well, with the Homall Recliner Sofa Chair with Padded Seat And PU Leather, you most certainly can!. Consisting of high-quality PU leather, the chair has a smooth and soft texture, making it nice to the touch.
Its thick padded backrest and seat ensure that you don’t strain your body while remaining seated. Besides, they also offer a great degree of comfort, making the chair an ideal place for napping. Furthermore, the sofa also comes with a double-thick foam-padded footrest, perfect for resting your feet.
Oh, have we mentioned its excellent reclining ability? The chair offers an adjustable recliner, letting you use the sofa at any angle within the range of 90-180°. Still a little wary about the chair? Well, maybe this might make you think otherwise; it has four sturdy legs with non-marking pads, protecting the ground beneath it.
Homall Recliner Sofa Chair Features:
- Made with PU leather, which is soft to the touch, highly breathable, and simple to clean.
- Thick padded backrest and seat ensure a high level of comfort and reduce the stress the body takes in.
- Double thick foam padded footrest, allowing you to rest your foot while using the chair
- Adjustable recliner, letting you sit at a reclining angle of your choice.
- Composed of 4 firm legs with non-marking pads, protecting the sofa and the surface.
- Dimensions: 30.31 x 27.16 x 20.67 inches
- Weight: 59.4lbs
- Weight Capacity: 275lbs
- Materials: Foam, Faux leather/PU leather, Steel frame
- Color: Brown
To summarize, owning this chair would basically define the phrase “getting what you pay for.” Therefore, if you’re someone who looks for a chair that offers many features at an affordable price, then here’s the one that you should be getting.
10. Best Living Room Chair With Ottoman: Flash Furniture Recliner Chair
On our first look at the Flash Furniture Recliner Chair With Ottoman Set, we realized something. It was here to make a bold statement and revolutionise the entire chair industry. With its premium quality LeatherSoft upholstery, plush arms, and integrated headrest, there’s nothing more you can ask for.
With over 4 colors to choose from and a luxurious design, this chair would be a perfect fit for your living room. Moreover, the chair and ottoman’s mahogany wood base, which consists of ball-bearing constructions, allows all pieces to swivel with ease. Also, the floor-glides move smoothly when you need to relocate the chair, protecting the surface underneath.
Lastly, with only a pull of a lever, you can make multiple adjustments and turn the chair’s position from upright to fully reclined. Therefore, believe us when we say this, you’re in for a real treat if you own this chair. Oh, and another thing, you can easily spot-clean the chair with a damp cloth, removing any dust and dirt.
Flash Furniture Recliner Features:
- It consists of high-quality plush arms, providing comfort for hours on end.
- Integrated headrest made with LeatherSoft upholstery, which is both soft and durable, making it ideal for calming your body.
- A luxurious design, adding a certain elegance to its surroundings.
- Offers a recline lever, bringing the chair to a completely reclined stance from an upright position.
- It contains floor glides that slide smoothly, preventing damage to the surface when you move the chair.
- Dimensions: 44.5 x 33 x 41.25 inches
- Weight: 58lbs
- Materials: Leather, Plastic, Mahogany wood base, Foam
- Colors: Beige, Black, Brown Vintage, Palimino
- Seat Height: 17.5 inches
Investing your money in a recliner chair can never go wrong unless you don’t have enough knowledge about them. Therefore, if quality, elegance, and comfort are important to you, then this is the chair for you!
What To Look For Purchasing Living Room Chairs For Back Pain Sufferers
You definitely deserve the best chair as you’re spending your hard-earned money on it. However, how do you know which one is the best chair for you? Don’t worry, for we have tried to mention some of the most vital factors to consider when buying a chair for back pain sufferers. Let’s get started—
Don’t Go For Soft And Plushy Chairs:
The first thing you’ll not be doing is getting a chair or couch that is too soft or plush. This is because back pain sufferers can risk damaging their spine due to incorrect posture while sitting on soft chairs. Hence, you should always go for chairs or sofas that are firm to maintain proper posture.
When you’re sitting ergonomically, your chest sticks out, and your shoulders pull back. This is what your chair should be able to ensure. In contrast, your back is in serious trouble if your chair has poor lumbar support. So, how can you detect whether your chair has good lumbar support or not? There’s a simple process.
A chair with good lumbar support will always have an S-shaped backrest, which maintains the body’s natural movements. This is going to prevent any future back injuries and back pain. Furthermore, if you’re a desk tenant like us, we’re sure you know how stressed your lower back gets at the end of the day.
Quality Of Material:
This is a very vital factor that determines how comfortable a chair is. Moreover, there are many benefits of using a chair made of premium materials with a solid base. Usually, high-quality materials can withstand more wear and tear. On the other hand, it also enhances your comfort and keeps you safe.
In addition, please make sure that the chair’s material is breathable. Doing this prevents the chair from warming up due to sitting on it for an extended period. At the same time, it also ensures that your chair doesn’t start to smell bad. Finally, make certain that the chair has sufficient cushions to support you.
We’re sure that you know how an incorrect seat size can affect your health and body. Hence, the seat size’s importance is much more than we actually think. Thus, make sure that the chair you’re getting has a seat that is right for you. An ideal seat is an inch wider than your hips, and its pan is precisely behind the knees.
Many back sufferers don’t only feel pain in their lower back. Instead, they also experience pressure and stress that extends down to their thighs and lower legs. Hence, we suggest getting chairs with a ‘waterfall edge’ design for them. These types of seats are great at reducing pressure and increasing blood flow when you’re sitting.
Frequently Asked Questions
We don’t buy a living room chair every day, so we must know every detail about choosing & purchasing the right living room chair. In order to facilitate this crucial step, the answers to these questions will help—
What is the best type of sofa for a bad back?
Stiff to moderately firm chairs are best for bad backs. It helps to maintain your posture even when you’re sitting for a long time, thereby reducing the chance of augmenting the pain. Try to look for the couches with metal or hardwood frames, along with high-density foam & firm cushions.
Can a sofa give you back pain?
This might come as a shock, but the squishy & soft couches that you think comfortable are quite detrimental for your back. You are more likely to lose your posture on these springy couches and end up putting your spine in an uncomfortable position and augmenting the pain.
Why does my lower back hurt when I get up from sitting?
The reason for sudden discomfort after getting up from your chair is probably the incorrect posture that you were in the whole time. An incorrect way of sitting may stress the spine, so it hurts when you finally stand up.
How can I sit without hurting my back?
Maintaining the correct posture is the key to avoid back pain while sitting. Sitting with back supports & maintaining the right angle according to your spine curvature will help you big time to have a comfortable sitting session.
How can I make my sofa cushions firm again?
One of the most popular tricks to firm up any saggy cushion is inserting a thin sheet of plywood. You can also fill up the cushion with some pillow fibers, which will also help to keep it soft as well.
That’s everything for this article. If you still find it difficult to choose an overall good product, we suggest you go with the Rivet Resolve Modern Leather Armchair. The architecture & material of this product is just top-notch to be used as a back pain reliever, plus the ergonomic look & scratch-free property will make it a perfect addition to the living room too.
That’s everything for today, we hope this article has served you well to find out the best living room chair for back pain sufferers. Try out these chairs and say goodbye to uncomfortable living room hangouts forever. Happy lounging!